Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Let's Laugh!

So, yesterday was my day off from work. And I decided that it was time for my pal and fellow kick ass cancer survivor Cheryl and I to hang out. So, we went to the bead store so I could buy some clasps, we enjoyed a healthy dinner at Whole Foods of some yummy prepared foods. And while at Whole Foods, I met a fabulous partially bald man. Cheryl who is always in stitches laughing whenever she is with me, was just that- in stitches laughing as I stared at the bald man and exclaimed how much I loved his partially bald head. Now, I know..... I sound dysfunctional as ever right? I mean who really stops men in the store or in public and tells them that their baldness (whether intentional or part of life) is beyond awesome! This man, however was happy to hear about my love for his baldness. Cheryl jumped in just as I was ensuring the man that I wasn't crazy and that it was just something I loved about men and she exclaimed "My friend Rachel is a cancer survivor and she LOVES Bald men, because she was bald too! And she's in the 805 Magazine this month!" No sooner than she said that, did I have my issue of the 805 Living (our local magazine) in my hand and open to my signature article. :) Cheryl was smiling and cheering, and the fabulous bald man was excited as well.

No sooner after we met we started talking about fruit juice and healthy eating, and Cheryl, cute as ever continued to tell the man about my car magnet that expressed my love for the baldies - it was cute. He was sweet, I gave him my business card and told him that we'd love any help that he wanted to offer. He smiled and acknowledged us. So, after we ate dinner at Whole Foods, Cheryl and I returned to her house to hang out and meet with a friend of hers. When we arrived at Cheryl's place and I was walking up the stairs, my favorite glass bottle of peach white tea fell out of my purse and onto the stairs. Cheryl, who knew that I was somewhat struggling to get up the stairs due to the blood clot in my leg wouldn't let me clean up my mess and instead had me sit on her couch as she cleaned it up for me. What a "cute-sickle". I overheard an older man asking her if she needed some help and then a the voice of a young man. I popped up out of my seat on the couch and went to see who she was talking to. As I peered over the stairs, I saw a handsome young man, who looked up at me and smiled. Cheryl, who was downstairs looked at the young man's face and said "This is my friend Rachel and she's a cancer survivor...." So I walked down the stairs to greet the young man and his dad. (As Cheryl told me later, she said that by the look on the young man's face and mine, she thought that a cupid had shot an arrow into both of our hearts.) :) Lol. As I talked to the young man, it turned out that he was a few years younger than me, had gone to my high school and had some stuff in common with me. I gave him my number and suggested that we hang out sometime. He was really nice!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment