Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dental Continues

So, two weeks ago I finally was able to get my dental work done- well the 3 extractions that were considered "Emergency Extractions". I can honestly admit, that the procedure was easy, but it was after that I was upset by the surgery. I was partially excited because I wouldn't be in pain anymore, but the fact remained that I was missing two of my front molars and I was beyond self conscious about it. It took me over a week and about 10 friends and family members to tell me that it wasn't noticeable for me to get over it. That first week was difficult and most of the time I hesitated when I felt like smiling, or would cover my mouth so I wouldn't expose the gaps that I felt were obvious.

The gaps where my teeth once were are slowly healing now. I have a dry socket where the biggest extraction was, and I'm dealing with the pain. But now I'm noticing that it's harder to eat things, with these front molars missing..... Like steak, carrots, apples, etc. It's going to take some getting used to. And I hope eventually that I am able to get implants where these teeth used to be. But if and when I do... I'll have to pay for it because they are considered cosmetic- do you like how that works? The tr5eatments that are meant to save out lives, cause these HORRIBLE side effects and damage to our teeth and our bodies. Yet our insurance won't pay to help your body recuperate from these treatments and this damage! This is interesting to me, because when a woman has breast cancer and has her breasts removed, she is able to get reconstructive surgery (Implants), but the same doesn't apply to dental? Hmmm.

Things to think about. What's covered by your insurance? Make sure to check out your coverage! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment