Thursday, June 11, 2009

Remembering Dad

Last night was just one of those nights. I stay positive about 95% of the time, but after watching an episode of House MD, I found myself in tears. Usually, when I see a show where they talk about people with cancer, I sympathize and understand what it's like to go through those hard times, but I don't become overly emotional. But last night, when I watched the show and saw a father being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Even though my dad didn't have a rare form, he still had cancer.

I'm sad that I never got the chance to really get to know my father and I think about it a lot. Recently, mom and I went through some old things of his that I have, and I had to stay strong and keep myself from crying. And I know it's good to let it out, but for that moment, I wanted to and needed to keep my composure. I wish I had the chance to get to know him, to be able to talk to him and hear his voice. But I think that if I had, I wouldn't be the strong Cancer A$$ Kicker that I am now. I wouldn't be the same person. My mom tells me stories about him, my aunt and family members tell me how loving and intelligent he was and how I am so much like him. I have pictures of him, pictures of random things - street signs, flowers, fruit, etc. And I know I have so much of him in who I am. I will continue to think of my father - Bar K. Shur, continue to do the things I am passionate about (just as he did), continue to inspire and help others, continue to follow my dreams and continue to remember that he was a remarkable man and is in Heaven with the Angels. :)

In Memory of my father, You are amazing, you are loved, you are missed, you are part of me, you are beyond remarkable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment