Wednesday, June 29, 2016

UCAAN Change a Life Road Trip - Day 13 - Tuesday June 28th, 2016

Part 4


Today was a fun but long day. We woke up and went on a search for some supplies we needed. It took us an Uber and a Taxi to find what we needed and 3 stores later I was happy!! We went back to the apartment and I wrapped my bites in candy foil and put them in a cool container. Doryn and I headed out to lunch at Café Luka, well Doryn had breakfast and I had lunch. Marc was so excited to try our bites and kept sharing them with staff and raving about them. He wanted to try more, so I’m planning on making another and bringing it to them tomorrow!! I’m excited they like our stuff, best of all he asked me “Figure out how you can ship these to me!” YES!!! We’re doing great 4Shur! 

The rest of the day we spent about 3 hours at the Fancy Food Show. It was the last day of the show and we wanted to visit some of the areas that we missed the day prior. We stopped by some of the booths we loved yesterday and tasted all we could. I am happy to say that we made some great connections with companies we may be able to buy supplies for our frozen dessert from! We also made a few connections from companies who offered to give us advice in starting a company and getting out there. This was definitely worth the trip to visit this show. Thank you Chef Andrew Hunter for the Suggestion! 

After our wonderful day at the show, Doryn and I headed back to the apartment to rest before dinner. Tonight we were heading out to Fratelli, the fancy Italian restaurant owned by our friends who own the café. Doryn and I enjoyed a delicious meal in their fabulous restaurant and for our last night in New York tomorrow we plan on going again!! Photos will be coming soon!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment