Saturday, June 18, 2016

UCAAN Change a Life Road Trip - Day 2 June 17th, 2016

As I sit here, I am dealing with some of the left over damage from my treatments. My memories were affected and because of it I have memory loss, even from something that happened yesterday. I hate to admit that I'm tearing up as I write this, because I am the strong one.... But low and behold. I can't remember. So I'll just write what I remember and share all the photos with you. Thankfully I remember today, so that will be a more detailed write up.

The first hotel, the Big Chief Motel in Battle Mountain, NV was by far one of the best ones that I've stayed in, in my life. It was clean, the bed was soft, the sheets were silky and soft, they really had everything you'd ever want in a hotel. The community was nice and friendly, the way a small town should be and we loved it. But we had to go, so when we woke up we stopped by the giant cowboy statue in front of the Fireworks store. Doryn and I had a blast taking pictured here, him especially in front of the giant missiles that sat out front.

Once we left that quaint town, we headed for Twin Falls Idaho, to visit the very location where Evel Kneivil took his infamous attempt to jump over snake river. As we drove over the bridge a few times we peered over the bridge and saw the enormous gap between both sides... we both wondered how he could have jumped this huge gorge. We parked at the visitor center and took a walk, taking photos of the exceptional craftsmanship of the Perrine Bridge. We wondered how in the world people could have created and built this phenomenal bridge. As we walked around we were surrounded by tourists, all of which spoke no English. Doryn and I watched in horror as these Asian visitors stood on the edge of walls that divided the spectators from the cliffs behind it. They were daring, and perhaps didn't see the danger in it, but one man just stood there and a family stood at the edge of one cliff..Despite Doryn being a bit of an adventurous person, not even he dared to stand there.
We enjoyed the sights and checking out the spot where Evel's ramp once stood. We also watched base jumpers jump from the Perrine Bridge and into the water below, their parachutes guiding them safely below. In the distance too, we saw a waterfall, kayakers and some breathtakingly amazing views.

The road between Nevada and Twin Falls Idaho was long, but gorgeous. The next part of the route to Pocatello would be the same beauty until we arrived at Golden Corral for a bite. Our last bit of our drive to Idaho Falls included more gorgeous farm land and trees. Thankfully, we made it to our hotel in less time than expected and stayed in a hotel with a hot tub. Since we got back so late, we enjoyed a dip in the hot tub before bed. We had a long day ahead of us and needed our beauty rest for sure.

I will get the photos up ASAP. Bad internet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment