Sunday, July 17, 2016

UCAAN Change a Life Road Trip - Day #30 – July 15th, 2016



Day #30 – Friday July 15th, 2016  
Leaving Granbury for Dumas, TX 








Inn Keepers Dave & Carol Gerke with DOryn & I




  
We got up a little early this morning as we had another journey ahead of us. As much as we loved our time in Granbury Texas with our good friends Dave Carol Gerke, we had a long drive to Dumas, TX. So we woke up and enjoyed breakfast with the other guests of the Inn. After, we packed up our car and were ready for the road. Usually when we head out we only know our route, but not necessarily all the cities and towns we’ll be passing through. This route was fun as we drove through many very small towns, some of which seemed deserted, we wondered how people lived in towns where stores were closed and empty…. I’m sure they find a way. Some of the towns we drove through had populations as little as 300 and as many as 900. The bigger cities we ran into had about 100,000+ people that lived there. I Wonder what small town living was like. We even drove through Wichita Falls, TX.





A New Bracelet made!! "Anchor of HOPE"



Shortly before arriving in Amarillo, TX we saw several signs for an interesting names Bag & Grill: the “I Don’t Know Bar & Grill”, Doryn and I found ourselves laughing and just cracking up at the name of this spot, like who would come up with a name like that? LOL.

When we arrived at our hotel, we had hit a violent rain storm. It seemed like it would never stop and as I grabbed the dolly from the hotel and brought it under the covered area, Doryn and I loaded it and I tried to pull it into the hotel, but boy did I ever get soaked!!! Doryn, my fabulously buff man helped me get it into the hotel as we went to find our room. We were surprised as I opened the door to our room and it smelled like cigarette smoke – mainly because Red Roof is a 100% Smoke free hotel. So I ran to the front desk and got us a new room…. 115, was just a little further from our other one. We unloaded our stuff and talked about what we could do for dinner. We walked to the lobby and looked outside, thankfully the rain was slowing down and as we looked outside we saw a beautiful rainbow, one that increased in vibrancy the longer we watched it. It was beyond remarkable and trust me we took plenty of photos of that amazing rainbow!








We waited for the rain to stop and then headed to the car to make a run to the neighborhood Walmart to get some things for dinner. We grabbed some things for salad, chicken and some other veggies. I even got a few sweet things to try a recipe I heard about in Granbury for s’mores (Doryn’s Fave) but with crescent rolls. We bought what we needed, including another case of water and drove back to the hotel, just in time to see yet another rainbow. We got to the hotel and I cooked the chicken and made the salad. We had a delicious healthy salad for dinner. Then I tried making the crescent S’mores in my electrical skillet. That was indeed delicious and we only ate 2 small ones each, they were beyond sweet but delicious! Next we were off to bed for our next days’ adventures!  
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment