Tuesday, July 26, 2016

UCAAN Change a Life Road Trip - Day #38 - July 23rd, 2016



Day #38 – Saturday July 23rd, 2016 – Our trip to San Diego (Cardiff by the Sea) from Seligman {Peach Spring}, Arizona

We got up pretty early to escape the bug infested hotel in Seligman/Peach Spring, AZ. We were set for Cardiff by the Sea to stay with my fabulous cousin Kelly and her family. Due to traffic and multiple unexpected stops we didn’t arrive until late. And because this day was mostly driving, I will just write about our trip in general. We were so thankful to arrive when we did, just in time to see my first cousins before they went to sleep. We’re looking forward to getting some sleep tonight after our long day!

Our UCAAN Change a Life Road Trip has been an array of things both wonderful and crazy. But I can admit that I haven’t allowed this trip to stop me from helping patients. I’ve been receiving both emails and phone calls from patients nationwide. One woman found us through an online search and said she’s contacted over 180 different resources including churches and temples for help and had hit a dead end. I was able to send her 5 organizations she hadn’t tried yet. She was so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment